Sunday 3 July 2011

Day 17

Slowly, slowly getting there.

The bruising is just about all gone- there's just a little bit underneath my chin which is still purple-ish, and my hand where I had my drip is still quite bruised and a bit sore, but I'm fine with that.

The swelling continues to go down, but the rate at which it's decreasing has slowed down. The right side of my face is more swollen than my left side so I look rather lop-sided! My lip has gone down significantly. It's still quite swollen, but so much better than it was. I now resemble a human more than a duck! The problem was that one of the wire hooks was sticking into my lip so everytime I talked or ate it would rub and iritate it. So when I went to see the surgeon  he bent the hook around and hey presto- no more iritation! Hopefully it will return to normal size soon.

The surgeon is still very happy with how things are going. I now only have to wear my elastic bands when I sleep. I had x rays taken and the difference is amazing. I have four plates in my top jaw, one on either side of my bottom jaw, and one on my chin. Before surgery, my back teeth of my top jaw was sitting on the second back teeth of my bottom jaw, and now they line up perfectly. It's amazing what they can do in that little space!


I'm still sleeping propped up, but my body is getting sick of it. I wake up a few times each night and then find it so difficult to get back to sleep because I can't get comfy. And I wake up in the morning and my body has made its way down to a point where I'm almost lying down flat, except my head is still held upright by my pillows- sore neck! Can not wait to be able to sleep on my side, lying flat, with only one pillow under my head.


I go back to see the surgeon on the 13th to get the splint taken off, then my wires off the following week, and wow that will be a happy day! I can not wait to be able to brush my teeth properly again!

No comments:

Post a Comment