Wednesday 13 July 2011

One step closer

No more horrible splint! I had it taken off earlier tonight and wow does it feel strange.

I got pumped with the happy gas at the surgeon's and felt like I was floating. It was a relief because I was worried about whether it was going to hurt and if I was just going to have to be brave. But man. That gas was bliss. I could feel them prodding around in there, and got jabbed in the gums and lip a few times, but it wasn't bothersome whatsoever. I still have my wire hooks in and have to wear elastics to help my muscles get used to closing my mouth correctly without having the splint there as a guide, the wires get taken out next week. My jaw muscles are sore tonight but I'm sure as they get used to their new demands it'll get better.

Swelling continues to slowly go down. Sensation continues to slowly come back.

For a while I've been finding the sitting up to sleep thing very uncomfortable. I wake up numerous times through the night, sometimes for a couple of hours at a time, and can not get comfy again. But because I wake up quite puffy and swollen I was scared that if I was to lay down it would be even worse. Last night after being awake for about an hour, I was fed up and thought, "screw this, I'm laying down". I slept gloriously. And to my pleasure, I was no more swollen when I got up than I had been previously when I'd been sitting up to sleep. So I'm going to sleep lying down ALL NIGHT tonight!

Nothing more to report. I'm about to brush my teeth and it's a bit ridiculous how excited I am about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment